Re: [TenTec] Scout problems

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout problems
From: James Boswell <jboswell@nrao.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 16:01:05 -0600

Hello,
Something I have done in the past, I take a needle and rub the needle shaft and point on the sticky side of masking tape. The sticky imparts to the surface of the needle and I use the needle as a probe to extract the culprit trash from the meter movement. This task takes very good light and a very steady hand. Something as small as .010 can cause those meters to "hang".

        I hope this helps,  73'S

        KA5SIW