Re: [TenTec] Question?

To: Gordon Jacobs <gordonjacobs@att.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question?
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 13:15:42 -0400
Gordon,

there’s nothing wrong with either radio.

We hams have a tradition of being cheap— super tight with their money.  In
fact, most hams i know, if you stick up lump of coal up their ass, in a week
you’ll get a diamond.

Yet, there are thousands of us ( I’am not one of them!) that will go out and by
the latest and greatest radio, play with it for a few months then turn it over
and get a newer model from a different company.

Have you looked at all the Elecraft KX3s for sale? or the K3?

There’s a flood of K3s on the used market because of the upgrade to the K3S.
Some guys have gotta have the newest version and whoa, out goes the older one.

Same thing happened with the Kenwood TS590. Newer version, people got rid of
the older version.

When Ten Tec announced the $999 Eagle, lots of guys bought it. After all it
listed for $2200 (if i remember right) so, you got to play with a high end
radio for a grand, keep it for a month or two and then sell it for $1200 on the
used market and make a few bucks.

Buy either one, you won’t go wrong.

Mike, WB8VGE

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/ <http://www.theheathkitshop.com/>
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never
sure.