[TenTec] [ten tec] Status

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] [ten tec] Status
From: "Mark Kenward" <k8vf_mark@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 19:57:14 -0500
I am with KC8HXO.   I love the Eagle, and have an Omni 6 option 3 and a Paragon
II right now .  The omni 6 platform-size- is what guys want, I think.

The Orion is a better rig, but it would have fit in that same package. Lots of
Air inside an Orion.
 Personally, as much trouble as guys had with Orion version 1 firmware, I
PREFERRED version 1.
We lost  some things, in version 2-3 but gained in reliability.(crashes)

An omni 8, based on the 6 platform (or P II) with improvements-less birdies,
more stable oscillators , etc would sell. I would buy one.
I dont NEED a second receiver, but I realize some guys do....2nd vfo is nice.

For that matter, the Paragon II is a GREAT rig.   all PLL and VCO, which I am
not fully up on, but I have made several work.   Biggest problem with P II's
for ME is the LSB/USB discrepancy....LSB higher in pitch. I have had this on 3
of them, and I cannnot figure it out. (2.4 wide, but  say 400Hz-2800 Hz  vs
250-2650Hz on USB.
Maybe one of you has fixed this one?  (and it is NOT the bfo  or reference
oscilllators)

I thought it was the 9mHz 2400 filter, but replaced it with an INRAD 2800, and
while it sounds much better, it is still higher pitched than the USB side(which
sounds great)

Ten Tecs are my favorites..

I would be willing to front  capital of $1000.

Now there are two of us..Only 398 to go.

K8VF