Re: [TenTec] [ten tec] Status

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [ten tec] Status
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 20:04:56 -0500
"Biggest problem with P II's for ME is the LSB/USB discrepancy....LSB higher
in pitch. I have had this on 3 of them, and I cannnot figure it out. (2.4
wide, but  say 400Hz-2800 Hz  vs 250-2650Hz on USB.  Maybe one of you has
fixed this one?  (and it is NOT the bfo  or reference oscilllators)"

I noticed this with my Omni 6.  It's attributed to passband asymmetry of the
IF crystal filters.   In 1998, I had some custom units made by INRAD.  The
symmetry problem went away and LSB/USB passband response was identical.

Paul, W9AC