[TenTec] 3.1 KHz IF Filter for 2nd IF in Omni 6

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 3.1 KHz IF Filter for 2nd IF in Omni 6
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 19:32:18 -0600
I have a 3.1 KHz bandwidth filter in one of my Omni 6+ radios. It fits
perfectly into the TenTec socket and was obviously made for the en Tec.
However, it looks unlike any filter I havee ever seen in ANY Ten Tec product.

It is an 8 pole filter but it also had four small IF transformers on it,
presumably to tailor the passband shape.

Has anyone heard of this filter? Does any know who made it? It is too perfect
to have been a home brew job. It is built on thicker board stock than that used
for most Ten Tec filters.

I would assume that its intent is to improve received audio in SSB. I am going
to try it in a few minutes to see what the radio sounds like compared with the
others.

Gary