Re: [TenTec] 3.1 KHz IF Filter for 2nd IF in Omni 6

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 3.1 KHz IF Filter for 2nd IF in Omni 6
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 09:53:57 -0500
I am travelling and unable to post a long message or read everything in
this thread.  Comments:

1. The IR 2.8 filter uses STOCK BFO freqs

2.  Those 3.1 filters are unique and were offered on eBay a year or two
ago.  Use of those filters would absolutely necessitate changing the BFO
freqs, which would then prevent that radio from cascading a second narrower
9MHz filter.  Carrier null could also present a problem.

3. Because the receive passband is high pass filtered at ~240hz by the dsp
circuit ALL the time in the Omni6, the use of that uber-wide filter makes
even less sense than the little sense it already was making.

73, Barry N1EU