Re: [TenTec] Labels for N4PY Omni V Chip

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Labels for N4PY Omni V Chip
From: wt4t@reagan.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 13:57:58 -0600 (CST)
Joe
 the labels are no big deal. unless you want the OMNI-V to look like it came
from the factory. My V had the chip, but no labels. I down loaded the pdf from
carls site about the chip. He has the layout in the pdf. I made the new labels
in a  strip of paper just wide enough to fit above the rows on the key pad.
Only need to make  4 of the strips with 3 labels on each strip and a single
strip with one 0 on the 5 strip. Held the strips in place with a tiny section
of scotch tape at the ends. sure does not look beautiful,but neither did the
stick on labels from carl years ago. I suppose you could get a professional
labeling kit and make up the letters. All the chip does is change the button on
the keypad to another function. ,all noted in Carls pdf. the best function of
the chip is being able to calibrate the readout easily. Drop me a note if you
have any questions

My top row of new labels looked like this.

1/160      2/80      3/40
73
dale wt4t