Re: [TenTec] Labels for N4PY Omni V Chip

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Labels for N4PY Omni V Chip
From: Joe Radio <s9plus@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:08:21 -0600
Thanks for the input, Dale.  I guess I'll do it the same way.

In addition to the calibration issue, I am also looking forward to band
stacking registers...

The old Omni V blows the doors of of my 2 year old JA rig on CW.  A few weeks
ago, when CW Sweep Stakes started,  the new rig started to de-sense and I could
hear multiple signals pumping up and down (like filter blowby).  The poor radio
sounded "confused."

I switched the antenna to the Omni, punched in a narrow filter in each I F and
there was quiet. I could tune one signal at a time.  It was almost like the
contest was not going on.  What a difference!  I keep thinking I should sell my
Omni V but, when this happens, I can't bring myself to do it.

Thanks, again, for the input. I'll do it the way you did.     73    Joe