Re: [TenTec] Mobile

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mobile
From: "Rodney" <w3krq@dejazzd.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 17:14:03 -0500
me too

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Smith VE9AA
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2016 2:41 PM
To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'
Subject: [TenTec] Mobile

Hi John Henry and everyone,

Although I don't currently own a TEN-TEC transceiver, I have had a few of
the older ones. (Argonaut, Argosy II 525D, 20m>6m xvtr (built from a kit) )

I have been watching literally for YEARS for TEN-TEC to come out with a
mobile or very small portable rig, so I can buy one (even at our reduced
exchange rate) and put it in the car or take camping etc.

I was going to buy one of the latest ones, but w/o 12m capability and some
other stuff, it was a deal breaker.

Basic functions, 100w (adjustable), 160m-6m, int. tuner and ability to do
some basic computer control  with N1MM+ (etc.) would be awesome.  I don't
need menu's and submenus ad naseum.

As one who has been running mobile since I bolted a HW-101 under the dash of
my Ford Escort wagon in the early 80's......I haven't seen a good one from
TT yet.

I do have a FT-857D in the car, but would rather buy a TEN-TEC
!..........someday ;-D

Mike VE9AA/m

Mike, Coreen & Corey
Keswick Ridge, NB