Re: [TenTec] Mobile

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mobile
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 18:18:42 -0400
As the guy who started this thread I have to say I find the various comments
quite interesting and I thank everyone for them !

Hopefully, John and the folks at Ten-Tec are listening and given the amount
of MOBILE comments, hopefully something will be in the offing

at some point in time.

I have operated mobile off and on since I was licensed in the late 70's
(more ON than off, thankfully) and always found a way to get even big rigs
like a HW-101 or FT-101E mounted in the car.

Nowadays however, with tiny plastic cars, things are a lot different.

I will say I am quite pleased with my FT-857D in my MINI COOPER, but would
put my money where my mouth is if Ten-Tec came out with something small with
a remote face.(and the rest of the req's I wrote at the start of this
thread)

The only way I can mount a radio(head) nowadays is on a specialized post
that fits inside a cupholder (bought it at AES Milwaukee ~3 yrs ago when I
was there) with the main part of the radio located elsewhere.

Keep the comments coming boys.

Hopefully John Henry and Mr. Dishop watch these lists.

"Givem' what they want" (hi)

Mike VE9AA HF mobile (CW) almost daily

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB