Re: [TenTec] Was omni vi help

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>, "'Thomas Kuehl'" <qrp_op@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Was omni vi help
From: "Bill Lathan" <ak5k@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 10:01:21 -0600
I, for one, am the happy owner of various pieces of Ten-Tec gear, and would
be pleased with the opportunity to chat with a technician, even at $5/hour.
However, I understand Mike's comment re getting past the new radio blues and
just simply not being able to find an obscure reference in the manual or
something similar. I would hope Ten-Tec would make exceptions in the latter
cases if something came off the assembly line that needed more than normal
new owner hand holding. On the other hand, perhaps folks should change their
SOP and instead of contacting TT with initial help on an older radio, come
to these forums and take advantage of the may folks here who offer their
expertise for free. It may take slightly longer to get a problem resolved,
but if this is needed to keep this American company a going concern, I'm all
for it.

Bill, AK5K