Re: [TenTec] Sherwood Report Orion 1 and 2

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sherwood Report Orion 1 and 2
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 07:56:35 -0400
>"Except in terms of ergonomics.  Omni 6+ is the ergonomically best radio
ever made IMHO.  Also has the sweetest sounding cw receiver ever. And then
there's that fantastic qsk.  etc etc"

And one of the best NR functions I've heard.  If I wasn't so spoiled with
DDC/DUC with built-in panadapters, the Omni 6 would probably still be on my
desktop.  I never felt disabled when working split with only one Rx either.
The smart placement of the REVerse button makes VFO A/B switching a one-hand
operation when alternating between the DX and calling frequencies.   It also
helps to develop good operating skill.  Having 2+ receivers has made me
lazy.

Paul, W9AC