Re: [TenTec] My Argonaut II Came Back From the Factory Today

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My Argonaut II Came Back From the Factory Today
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 10:35:58 -0500
*Hello Steve,*
*                     Just out of curiosity, what did the repair of your
Argonaut II cost? You know, labor, parts and shipping. Were you charged
twenty-five dollars for a new box? There have been some real horror stories
floating around the local area about Ten Tec Service. I believe the local
Ham, is telling some tall tales ( my nice way to describe it ). We
purchased really nice Double Wall Storage Boxes at the local Lowes, for
about two dollars each. ( my grandsons move after marriage ) And could you
give me an idea as to the cost of the PTO Rebuild kits? We have a Corsair
in need. My personal e-mail addy is tvman1954@gmail.com
<tvman1954@gmail.com> ... If you feel a need to keep this private. Thanks
so much Steve.*
*                           73 es Wade/KJ4WS*

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 8:38 PM, Steve Berg <wa9jml@frontier.com> wrote:

> Back in the fall last year, I sent my Argonaut II back to Ten Tec Service
> for some work.  It needed several concentric pots replaced and the
> backlight circuit for the display fixed.  I also ordered two PTO rebuild
> kits for my Corsair II and a hand mic for my Omni VII.  The radio looks
> great, and tomorrow I will fire it up and put it through its paces.
>
> So, they are fixing older radios now.
>
> 73,
>
> Steve WA9JML

*Living one day at a time with Jesus as my Savior. But, still having Fun.*