Re: [TenTec] Some advice, please

To: "'Mike Stricker'" <info4mjs@yahoo.com>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Some advice, please
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 09:10:22 +0200
BINGO MIKE!

I have an LD-5 on the desk now and expect an LD-11 in about 2 weeks.
This is as cool as Dick Tracy's watch phone was back in the 1940!

The LD-5 can be used on 40m at night here in Europe on a full size multi-band
dipole, even with its pre-amp on . . . WITHOUT INTERMODULATION DISTORTION.

So can the Eagle and the K3, etc. but I know of no radio costing under $1K that
can do that - except the LD-5.
I assume the LD-11 and KX-2 will join the LD-5.

THIS IS A QUANTUM LEAP IN TECHNOLOGY for the low end (cost wise) radios.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)