[TenTec] Argo 5 repair

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argo 5 repair
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 20:33:34 -0500
I have made up extender cables for the Argonaut 5 and have decided to at least
TRY to fix it.

I tried the hard reset, no results.

It has excellent receive but, in transmit, it it puts out a signal of about 4.5
MHz regardless of band or VFO setting.

I made up a set of extender cables for the TX board so I can make measurements.

It seems like the radio is oscillating. Also, I am not certain I am getting
proper level of TX from the DSP board to the TX board on pin 2 of the connector
coming into the TX board. I can tell the difference between FM and SSB at the
point before the 455 KHz filter but the signal seems unexpectedly low in
amplitude (a few 10’s of millivolts or so).

I wondered if anyone has made up an RF voltage chart for this radio? That would
make tracing the problem a lot easier.

Gary Follett