Re: [TenTec] TT Century 21

To: Jonathan Jesse <jhjesse@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Century 21
From: Gary Follett <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 20:00:15 -0500
Actually I missed the part about yours working.

You can get the knob off usually with heat from a hair dryer (not a heat gun,
too hot).

Just heat the knob up until it feels quite warm and the goo holding it in place
should soften, allowing you to pull the knob off without destroying the PTO.

You can also help your effort by wrapping a piece of stout string (dental
floss,for example) around the back of the knob and a half turn around the PTO
shaft. Twist the string until it closes up behind the knob. Then do this again
at 180 degrees from the first piece. Tie the two opposed ends together and you
have the perfect knob puller with no risk of damaging the front panel or the
PTO.

Gary

Sent from my iPad

> On May 21, 2016, at 7:27 PM, Jonathan Jesse <jhjesse@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> Ah OK, Gary.  Well I got mine at a hamfest for $20 and the seller said it
> worked.  How many times have you heard that?!?!  But it does work 100%!  The
> covers don't look to good but they are salvageable with some work.  The front
> panel is pretty good.
> I was going to rebuild the PTO not out of necessity but just to be on the
> safe side.  I went to take off the knob and couldn't find the lock screw on
> it.  The knob is stuck to the shaft but dang if I know how.  Probably super
> glue.  I figured if I did force the knob off I'd muck up the PTO.  So keep me
> in mind for the PTO.
> 73,
> Jon
>
>> On 5/21/2016 8:19 PM, Gary Follett wrote:
>> Thank you for your interest but the lack of covers is the primary reason
>> this one is headed for the parts bin.
>>

>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>> On May 21, 2016, at 7:04 PM, Jonathan Jesse <jhjesse@verizon.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Gary,
>>> re: your Century 21 that you may part out.  If the top and bottom covers
>>> are in good shape I may be interested.  I would have taken the whole PTO
>>> too and am interested if the other Gary doesn't want it.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jon