Re: [TenTec] Linux a and TenTec Eagle

To: Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Linux a and TenTec Eagle
From: leen3lpj <leen3lpj@nep.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 07:28:38 -0400
Clayton,

I deleted the version I was running and installed the current version . The program is working good. The only thing not working is the rig control to my eagle. It could be I just don't have the right parameters for the radio input.

    I have:     Radio Desc: Ten Tec Eagle          Host: Localhoast

Rig Model: 1613 Ten-Tec TT-599 Eagle Device : /dev/ttyusb0 Poll Rate: 2 Port number: nothing*

Baud: 57600 Data bits: 8 Stop bits: 1 parity: None Handshake: default

                       DTR: off     RTS: On

* I would assume I need a port ,I just don't know what it would be. New to linux. I'm wondering if it's like windows needing a special driver for the eagle because there is no serial port only usb.

Carl,

I need to get wine working . I tried it and just wasn't able to get anywhere. It's probably me not knowing linux. I figured I would get things working one problem at a time. I fully plan to use the software I have from you.

    Thanks to both of you for your help and anymore you may send my way,

            Lee,   N3LPJ