[TenTec] Omni C

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni C
From: ROLAND HOWELL <snowy.howell@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 09:02:15 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi Newbie hereI have recently won a Omni C, It was purchase knowing that it
had a fault on it, it had suffered damage to the switches ( Vox,Qsk etc) and
slight bend in the shaft of band select switch on the front panel.
I wrote to TT t see if new switches were available, nope, too old  was advised.
I looked around to see what was available, found some with the same footprint
to fit on the PCB, I sacrificed a new switch to see if the internals are he
same, they were, so I fitted all 5, for the sake of conformity, at the same
time cleaning the pots on the front that showed noise when operated
Now I have no white noise at all on RX, audio amp is ok, I put a 1kHz tone back
to the volume control and all is ok.
Any help advice, suggestions on where next to start looking would be greatly
appreciated, I would even purchase a set of switches from anybody that is or
has broken one down.I do have  reprint of what I think is the correct manual
purchased from your side of the pond, the pictures show a model A or B.
SnowyG0HZE