Re: [TenTec] small white connectors

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, John King <k5pgw@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] small white connectors
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 11:53:04 -0400
The small white connectors are Molex, available from Mouser etc.  You need
a proper crimping tool as well.

Barry N1EU
On Jul 7, 2016 9:54 AM, "John King via TenTec" <tentec@contesting.com>
wrote:

Al, you are correct, the white two pin plastic connectors are very small
and have, what appears to be gold plated male pins and not anything I would
want to physically manipulate because of their more fragile construction.
Question: Al are you very familiar with the evolution of the Omni VI to the
Omni VI with factory installed option 3 ? I have had my Omni VI over 20
years and sent it back to Ten Tec for the option 3 upgrade. I have NEVER
personally worked on it and always returned it to Ten Tec for repairs,
upgrades and adjustments. I have NEVER studied the schematics of the Omni
VI and that is the basis for my question to you.
I have been seeing discussions on the reflector regarding the TCXO in the
Omni V!. Thence the following questions:
1. Did the early production (1992-1993) Omni VIs have a TCXO ?
2. Did the later models have a TCXO added ?
3. Did the option 3 factory upgrade change the type TCXO ?
4. Are the early Omni VIs less prone to serious TCXO problems ?

My Omni VI is working great except to the occassional disconnect  of the
small connector. The frequency readout on 75 meters seems to be about 400
hertz low, so when I call the 3.925 net I set the readout to 3.924.6.
Stability appears excellent. Transmitted audio is great according to K5QDA,
my brother, who knows my voice better than anyone except K5MOL, Barbara, my
wife.
If you can comment on the TCXO history of the Omni VI, please do. If you
would like to involve another TEN TEC lover/historian, please feel free to
do so. Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW

    On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:51 PM, Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>