[TenTec] OT: Question to the group

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OT: Question to the group
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 23:43:26 +0200
What would you guys think of a new radio that had the following
characteristics:

Ø   SDR radio with knobs, similar size and form factor to the IC-7300

Ø  Superior receiver to the IC-7300; roughly on par with the Flex 6300

Ø  50w of output power

Ø  Cost: $1000

I guess the big question is, is 50w a show stopper.

Had someone ask me that question recently (obviously with the intent to
build this) and I had to pass.

I dunno.

For me I find it OK.

I usually run my Eagle at 60w and when driving my amp, it runs at 60w.

But my gut tells me most people won?t accept a 50w transmitter.

They are programmed to expect 100w.

What do you guys think?

73

Rick, DJ0IP