Re: [TenTec] IC-7300 was Re: Omni VI instability, TCXO worth it?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, <k9yc@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] IC-7300 was Re: Omni VI instability, TCXO worth it?
From: Greg S via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 21:17:52 +0000 (UTC)
I concur. One can also add an SDRplay SDR, hooking it to the 590SG's output
connector, and have 2 receivers, and many other SDR features, LARGE display
with your PC, and still be under the cost of the IC-7300. And, yes, for the $$,
the Kenwood TS-590SG, is a true bargain in the marketplace. (The question was
about CONTEST rigs....... there are a few in the list presented, that are a
LONG way from that category. Kenwood' own TS-2000 is one of them). Also: Please
do not ignore the reports of ALC overshoot on the IC-7300, either. Although the
jury is still out on whether the overshoot  issue actually exists,  I sure
wouldn't risk any of the fragile grids on unobtanium or high $$ tubes at this
point, if it were me!  My 2 cents, and might be worth less.

Greg, KC8HXO