Re: [TenTec] Ten tec OmniVI+

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten tec OmniVI+
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 22:28:38 -0400
Bill:

I had the same problem with the 500 Hz filter in my Paragon. Selectivity was fine but insertion loss was higher than the other filters. I swapped in the 500 Hz filter from my Corsair and it was fine. I thought of replacing all of the capacitors in the filter, but figured that the problem was more likely crystal aging. I didn't want to buy a used filter, which might have the same aging problem, so I opted for an INRAD 500 Hz filter. The new filter fixed the problem and it seems to have better skirt selectivity than the old Ten Tec filter.

73,

Bob WB2VUF