Re: [TenTec] What is your software doing when it "initializes radio"?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What is your software doing when it "initializes radio"?
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2016 10:46:47 -0400
I would first check out the battery status.

If that's ok, the next thing I would do is clean all the cable connections to the Orion front panel. I do this by removing the Orion front panel, then unplug the two large connectors that have about 100 connections to them. I spray then with a contact cleaner and then while they are wet, plug and unplug them about 20 times to clean them. Then put it all back together.

For me this has fixed many strange problems. There are so many connections in the cables that almost any symptom is possible.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com