Re: [TenTec] Reflector Buy-Back program

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Reflector Buy-Back program
From: Kartooo <kartooo@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 12:50:30 +0000 (UTC)
" mechanical switch television tuners "
brings back memories, my Dad was a TV repair man. as a kid i followed him
around on TV calls and remember well the big ol white rag and smell of tuner
cleaner.
the homes with multiple smokers had really dirty tuners.
what about the advancement into the TV remote that worked off sound ? my Dad
had a .38 snubbie detective special that when dry fired duplicated the sound of
the remote and would change the channel any TV in his shop....
i been rebuilding transmissions now for 40yrs. give me a 2or 3 speed with no
wires and i'm happy.
these 8/10/11 speeds with 50 or 60 wires going into them are not for me. yup GM
& ford both came out with a 10 spd this yr. ford just applied for a pattern on
an 11 spd !!
like our radios solenoids and electronics have replaced costly mechanical
hydraulic control on trans too lowering the build cost.
repairing them is like repairing a new rig. you replace solenoid packs at $600
+, there are no "repair parts"
just like our rigs, they replace the boards not the pieces on them when in for
a repair.

Well said Gary, i agree 100%

Larry
n1yw