Re: [TenTec] Ear Phone Audio

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ear Phone Audio
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 22:08:57 -0500
The Orion uses a separate LM386 for each channel of the headphone line. Thus it
is unlikely either of these is faulty is it is unlikely they would both fail in
the same manner. In addition, your sidetone level is strong, and this signal
shares these amplifiers.

The AK4524 SUB-CODEC develops the signals going to these output devices and
this CODEC seems to function independently from the MAIN-CODEC that produces
the speaker output. The speaker is driven by a separate power amplifier chip, a
TDA1013B

The analog signal inputs to the SUB-CODEC are, one from the sub receiver and
the other from the rear panel AUX IN jack.

The main receiver audio comes from the main CODEC. This audio gets to the
stereo headphone CODEC via the SPODTBUSA lines.

It is not clear where the sidetone is routed but it is generated in the CPU. It
is not clear the routing of the sidetone.

However, I did notice that there are selections for eh various levels in the
AUDIO menu.

Have you visited this menu tab? I don’t have an Orion in front of me but the
secret may lie in selections within this menu item.

Gary