Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 22:38:24 +0200
As does the 6700, but NOT the 6300.

As Jim pointed out, the biggest problem 'til now has been the UI, not the
radio's performance.
The Maestro has helped that quite a bit but it is not every man's cup of
tea.
Just ask Barry.

We need more radios like the MB-1.  Unfortunately I have not seen any
performance reports on it yet.

The nice thing is, all of these seem to have very clean transmitters.
That was perhaps a dangerous statement.  I meant clean as in not
broadcasting out of band noise.
I don't know about the keying spectrum of each of them.

My problem is simply the price.  You can almost buy a new compact car for
the price of a 6500 and Maestro here in Europe!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)