Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 21:35:39 +0200
Hi Al,

Yes, of course.  I still have one; the Argonaut 515.
Of course the bands are nowhere near as bad as they were 30 years ago.

I had the original Omni A and at that time, it was better than other radios,
especially the JA radios.
The Drake receivers with Sherwood filters were better.
One thing we would do is tune the preselector lower than its peaked position
to drown out the stations higher up inside our band.  This helped.

But it was not as effective as my pot-core preselector.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)