Re: [TenTec] Orion II and new 2K-FL amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II and new 2K-FL amp
From: K3GHH <k3ghh@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 08:43:59 -0400
Thank you, Rick. That's what I suspected.

And yes, Barry, the Keying Loop 1 and 2 are already off. Thanks.

On 10/18/2016 08:02 AM, rick@dj0ip.de wrote:
John,

Your O2 has two means of keying linear amplifiers:

1. Single Cable using the AMP KEY
2. Dual Cables using TX EN and TX OUT.  (Keying Loop)

You amplifier does not support a keying loop.
You must use the AMP KEY.

I haven't had an Orion for many years now but I seem to recall you have to
select or enable whichever keying method you want in the software menu.

There is no problem with voltage incompatibility.  It is plug and play once
you enable the correct keying method in the menu.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)