Re: [TenTec] Corsair I gone bad!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair I gone bad!
From: James Boswell <jboswell@nrao.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 08:43:21 -0600
On 11/2/2016 12:14 PM, k7mks@comcast.net wrote:
During testing thru a Bird 43 into a dRAKE

During testing thru a Bird 43 to a Drake KW dummy load my Corsair decided to quit
with a bang like a firecracker and a puff of smoke exiting from the 3/8" hole
in the top of the final assembly. The power supply breaker tripped

After I recovered from this sudden turn of events I discovered that I still had
a working transmitte but could only get about 30-45 watts output before the PS
breaker tripped at about 14A or so.

I strongly suspect my Corsair went from a nicely working radio to a "parts
unit" in an instant but decided to touch base with those that are more comfortable
with the events I've described. What likely went astray in the RF final?

73 Joe K7MKS

KW

Hello,
I had a mouse build a nest in my Corsair, she ate much of the wiring harness. I would make you a deal on that radio.

        Interested?

        73'S  KA5SIW