Re: [TenTec] Bring back the corsair 2

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Bring back the corsair 2
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 19:05:12 -0500
It should be pointed out that for years under the original ownership, there
were many who said that the loved Ten Tec equipment, but thought it was too
high priced compared to the stuff imported from the Far East.  Many even
admitted that they settled for lesser rigs for that reason and that reason
alone.

I've seen some of the new gear coming out of Japan.  Even gotten my hands on
it.  Are they impressive?  Yes.  Is the price quite reasonable?  Certainly.

Do they hold a candle, in terms of actual on air operation, to an Omni VI+,
an Orion, or even a (*gasp*) Elecraft K3 or K3S?  NO.

You get what you pay for.  Sometimes you pay for bells and whistles and
sacrifice performance.  (And we can say that about a LOT of things outside
of Amateur Radio, too)

The question is, are there at least 100 hams willing to commit to buying an
Eagle, should production resume?  I would if I could, even knowing that the
price will be around $2K.  But not everyone can or will feel that way.

73, ron w3wn