Re: [TenTec] Omni VI ckicks in fast QSK

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI ckicks in fast QSK
From: gerd Groos <df9ts.cw@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 11:31:15 +0100
Did some further poking into the the QSK clicks

In slow QSK the RX audio comes back 60 msec after cw key up, as seen on
scope.
In fast QSK it´s abt. 5 msec or less

Clicks also present with RF TX power = 0, or when disabling CW tX by
pressing buttons "sidetone" and "CW".

Clicks also present when cutting the "T" line on low level driver board, so
that the TX never switches on and only the RX is keyed on/off with the CW
key

Have there been any ROMs for the logic board after the 563/Option1 V1.0
(DSP) and V1.02 (CPU) which I have installed?

Could I have RX switching problems e.g. with the PIN diodes? Any
suggestions how to verify?

73

Gerd.