Re: [TenTec] Corsair-II Alternative

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair-II Alternative
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 10:28:32 +0100
Dave, that was exactly my experience with the K3.
I left the manual on the desk all the time because I always had to look
something up.

As you say if it were the only radio in use, we would probably get used to
it, but I kept changing radios.

Then along came the Eagle.  Read the manual once and never touched it again
for a few months - except to look up pinouts on the ACC jack.  Couldn't
memorize all the connections to all the pins.

I will agree, the OMNI VI was about the most user friendly radio I have ever
operated.
Yet 9 out of 10 Rice Box users don't like it.
Their loss, not mine.

My dream radio would be the Eagle in a larger box with the ergonomics of the
OM6.
Individual band selection buttons, mode select, etc.
I hate systems where you have to step through lots of things to finally get
to select what you want.
But the Eagle is too small for all of that.

Which brings up the question, who in the heck asked for a tiny radio?
I sure did not.
For home use, a big radio is easier to use.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)