Re: [TenTec] Corsair-II Alternative

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair-II Alternative
From: Darrell Bellerive <ve7iu@runbox.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 16:43:16 -0800
A K2? It is not even in the same league as the Corsair II.

First of all ergonomics, Elecraft ergonomics are terrible. Tiny controls too close together. Multiple simultaneous button pushes to activate functions.

Then there are the crystal filters, and the VOX, and the synthesizer in the K2 which clicks every 5 kHz in the presence of a strong signal.

I've owned a K2, two of them in fact. Good performance, but not a Corsair, not even close.

73, Darrell VE7IU