[TenTec] Corsair-II Alternative

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair-II Alternative
From: Bill Cotter <n4lg@qx.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 15:25:23 -0500
In my humble opinion, a suitable alternative to the Corsair-II is the currently available Elecraft K2 with the 100W PA.

http://www.elecraft.com/k2_page.htm

Elecraft products are made in America, they have excellent service, forward thinking design, a large support base, offered kit or assembled, have excellent options, are user repairable, and fun to operate. A lot like TenTec used to be.

I have owned two Corsair-II's, two OMNI-6+ transceivers, a Hercules-II and a Titan-III, and these rigs were pure joy over the many years I had them. I also have a current OMNI-7. But the TenTec company I loved is history. While the new TenTec struggles to find its identity, product line and service strategy, Elecraft is an excellent stand in. I own a K1, KX3, K3, KPA500, KAT500, P3 and all have been a joy to operate.

73 es Best Wishes Bill n4LG