Re: [TenTec] Source for Binaural Receiver

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Source for Binaural Receiver
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 19:44:32 -0800
Hi Greg,

IMO, the KIO3B is NOT an important upgrade. The USB interface is a convenience. The serial port on the original KIO3 is just fine, USB to serial adapters are inexpensive, and excellent USB sound cards are cheap. I'm using a discontinued Tascam that I paid $75 for, and the excellent Asus Xonar can be had for the same price.

I'll stand by my observation that only the synch board(s) and the new transverter board are 90% of what matters functionally between new and old. I have three K3s from 2008, those boards are the only things I replaced, and I have no plans to buy a K3S.

73, Jim K9YC