Re: [TenTec] Tapping a Delta II for a panadaptor?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tapping a Delta II for a panadaptor?
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 10:25:44 +0000
The first IF of the Delta II is 45MHz.  The tap is easy because there's a
connecting cable carrying the 45MHz signal between 1st mixer board and the
2nd mixer board (connector 76).  You would tap it right at that point, feed
it to a suitable buffer amp to derive your 45MHz IF output signal to drive
the panadapter.

If you search around the internet, you'll find schemes for driving a
panadapter with an RTL dongle or similar inexpensive scheme that handles
45MHz-75MHz if signals that are common in many of the Japanese transceivers.

Barry N1EU