Re: [TenTec] Wrong Product - Eagle

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Wrong Product - Eagle
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 22:58:33 +0100
Indeed it has.

I had the actual figures about 2 months ago (still do, somewhere).
If I remember correctly, they must be up to 8 to 10 thousand units by now.

Hard to fight the economies of scale when the competitor has that going for
her.

YOU GUYS have missed the point.
You are speculating about a future redesigned product, which takes time.
In order to get there, A&T-T need to be producing product right now.

Mike has invested in all sorts of machinery and once again returned the two
companies to be in a position of producing their own radios... Made in USA.
It is not a good idea to let the machines sit idle while they are designing
a new product.

The OM7 could possibly be resurrected without too much work.
The O2 would need a lot of re-design.
The Eagle is ready to go right now.

I go along with Terry for the follow-up product, but at the moment time is
of the essence.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)