Re: [TenTec] Scale Of Eagle Production

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scale Of Eagle Production
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 10:20:14 -0600 (CST)
Unfortunately, I have to agree with Mike that there is a perception out in the
"real" world that Ten Tec is gone forever.  And Alpha Amplifiers as well, for
that matter.

The so-called "funeral committee" that resides on several public
websites/forums, specifically on eHam and QRZ, are constantly posting negative
comments about the two companies.  Not a week goes by that either a new forum
thread is created, or an older one is resurrected, all to the effect that both
firms are gone for good.  No matter how much you counter them with the facts,
they are quick to restate the same old rumors, innuendos, and outright lies
that they've been saying for months if not years.

When positive news is posted... such as Rick's email the other night... they
are quick to deride it.

If you get the impression that most of these... posters... are haters, and are
waiting with glee for this to become a self-fulfilling prophecy, well, that's
at least the impression I have.

That WE are aware of the situation is not the point.  It's everyone else out
there...

And all of this gets dumped on Mike.  Which is not fair, because he's not the
one that did all of the damage... he's the one trying (so far successfully) to
undo it.

Which is why I think that Ten Tec / Alpha / Dishtronix not only needs to make
an appearance at the Xenia Hamvention, but have SOMETHING available on the spot
for sale.  (Even if the items sell out before the end of the event on Sunday).
Followed up by a PR campaign announcing in some form "We're Back!" or "We're
Still Here!" or whatever.

Granted, you will never sway those whose minds are already made up and closed
to new thoughts, let alone the haters who consider the companies dead,
deceased, embalmed, ready to be buried & good riddance.  So forget them.  They
are a minority.  A vocal and highly obnoxious minority, but a minority
nonetheless.

The time is ripe for a positive PR campaign.

Besides... when the time comes, if nobody outside of our little group knows
that the new Eagles are available, how will they ever buy them?

73, ron w3wn