Re: [TenTec] Main RX volume control

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Main RX volume control
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 14:18:20 -0400
I believe a Bourns PEC11L-4225F-S0015 is the most suitable replacement part
currently available.  However, if it was me, I'd want to first rule out
that it wasn't an intermittent connection issue with the header/sockets
that connect the encoder sub-board to the main front panel board.  I'd rule
it out by carefully applying silver conductive grease to the contacts in
the chain.  If that fixes the issue, button everything back up.  If it
doesn't fix it, disassemble further to gain access for encoder
replacement.  Check tentecwiki.org under the 565 xcvr for general encoder
repair tips as well as RIT/XIT encoder repair tips.

Barry N1EU