Re: [TenTec] Power Mite PM3A CW offset????

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Power Mite PM3A CW offset????
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 23:39:46 -0400
On the HW-8, a direct conversion transceiver, heath instructed the operator to
tune from the high side down. In other words start at 7.1 and tune lower in
freq, keeping the receiver on the high side of the bandwidth.

that way when a station answered, it would be on the low side, but completely
copyable.

There was a slight offset between tx/rx because heath allowed the VFO to shift
a bit in tx. The actual shift depends on the band

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/