Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6 SWR shutdown

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6 SWR shutdown
From: John King via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 20:28:38 +0000 (UTC)
I have a number of Ten Tec Xcvrs and I hope it is not shorted final
transistors. Do you have the switch in the amps drawn position? I have an Omni
VI plus and it has a current drawn position. My Triton IVs, and older Omni shut
down with SWR mismatch, finals drawing too much current etc. . I have forgotten
the how the protection in my Tenb Tec Scout works.
Do you have the DRIVE turned down to minimum? With No or Low drive the XCVR
should not shut down or throw the breaker.
I am not a great radioman but have had a lot of shutdowns  .... like when no
antenna is connected  !!!!

Let us know what you determine the problem to be. 73, John, K5PGW