Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Plastic trim pieces for Sale

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Plastic trim pieces for Sale
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 18:19:36 -0400
FWIW, I met up with Randy by the Dishtronix/Ten-Tec/Alpha booth on Saturday,
and he had those sets of trim pieces with him.

Since I currently need one for my Omni VI+ -- and it's my own fault for not
packing it better when shipping it out for repairs recently -- I was eager
to see these.  They look to be an almost exact match for the trim pieces on
my Omni VI+, my Corsair II, and a friend's O6+ I'm looking at.

Why do I say "almost"?  The color is a very deep black, and it not QUITE the
same shade of black on the rigs.  Which could be due to the age of the
plastic on the rigs... And once in place, I strongly doubt anyone but a
purist would notice the difference.

I know when I left Randy was waiting to talk to Mike about these, so I hope
he was able to catch up with him.

More on Hamvention itself later... Just wanted to give Randy a shout-out

73, ron w3wn