Re: [TenTec] notch filter for Eagle?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] notch filter for Eagle?
From: Dukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:58:48 -0500
The same could be said for super dynamic range, especially close-in dynamic
range. 99% of the time, no one needs it.

In reality, a Triton IV will hear almost everything that a front line
technology direct conversion DSP radio will hear, most of the time.

I only care even a little about a notch filter less than 1% of the time so I
agree with the concept of what you are saying.

But, if I have a feature, and I have a choice of having that feature work well
or not work well, why not opt for having it working well?

Until my old Pro 2 breaks beyond the repairs I can do with parts from my
extensive parts pile, there is not much incentive to move forward in technology
at this point.

I have had maybe a dozen Orions of both flavors, four Eagles, probably 20 Omni
6 radios of various flavors, two 7600’s, dozens of Pro series, all of which sat
on the desk being evaluated prior to my selling them to tinker with others.
Thus I have had pretty good opportunity to make comparisons. For the pittance I
have in this box, I’m good for now…

It doesn’t fare well in Sherwood’s ratings though, and both Orion and Eagle
fare better.

For me, end of thread.

73

Gary