Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 176, Issue 1

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 176, Issue 1
From: Greg S via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 16:53:25 -0400

 It would be cheaper to run a 23 cent electret capsule from allelectronics, but
the 707 is "Vintage" TenTec, and they look and work great, and it is made of
unobtanium. I think he just wants it back in original condition. Tongue planted
firmly in cheek.....and I am headed back under my rock. 73- Greg, KC8HXO

> On Aug 3, 2017 at 16:41,  <Kd3Jf.Paulgates
> (mailto:kd3jf.paulgates@gmail.com)>  wrote:
>

>  Why mike 707? Would it not be cheaper in the long run to go for a Heil mike?
> Just wondering. Paul Kw4bd Sent from my iPhone  >  On Aug 3, 2017, at 4:19
> PM, Greg S via TenTec wrote:  >   >   >   >   >  It may still be of use. My
> guess is all you need is the resin disc with the 4 XLR pins inserted thru it,
> that gets held in the mic with a very small screw; and a 4 pin XLR cable to
> whatever TenTec rig you are using, which they surely have. My 2
> cents....might be worth less.  >   >  Greg, KC8HXO  >   >   >   >   >   >   >
>   >>   >>  On Aug 3, 2017 at 12:06, wrote:  >>   >>   >>   >>  I was just
> asking Bob Heil about that mic as I was talking to him with my Orion and 707
> mic on AM (of all things). I askrd him if it was made by Heil and he said NO
> it was not a Heil mic. So contacting Heil Sound would be of no use. How awful
> they butchered that mic. Leave it to hams.....lol Sent from my iPhone  >  On
> Aug 3, 2017, at 11:00 AM, tentec-request@contesting.com wrote:  >   >  Send
> TenT
 ec maili
ng list submissions to  >  tentec@contesting.com  >   >  To subscribe or
unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit  >
http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/tentec  >  or, via email, send a
message with subject or body 'help' to  >  tentec-request@contesting.com  >   >
 You can reach the person managing the list at  >  tentec-owner@contesting.com
>   >  When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific  >
than "Re: Contents of TenTec digest..."  >   >   >  Today's Topics:  >   >  1.
Ten Tec 707 Microphone (Louis Ciotti)  >  2. Re: Ten Tec 707 Mic  >  rophone  >
 (Greg S)  >   >   >
----------------------------------------------------------------------  >   >
Message: 1  >  Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 08:22:54 -0400  >  From: Louis Ciotti  >
To: tentec@contesting.com  >  Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec 707 Microphone  >
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment  >  Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec 707
Microphone  >  Message-ID:  <1897278528.4945 91  >  2.150176  >
5596211@mail.yahoo.com>   >  Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8  >   >
Heil Sound uses 4 pin XLR .......I suspect they may have made that mic. I would
give them a call.  >  Greg KC8HXO  >
wrote:  >   >  Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec 707 Microphone  >  To:
tentec@contesting.com  >  Date: Thursday, Augu
 st 3, 20
17, 8:22 AM  >   >  I recently picked up a Ten Tec 707  >  microphone, and at
some point someone  >  removed the stock connector and ran a  >  cord directly
into the microphone.  >  It was a 4-pin XLR originally, but I do  >  not know
if it was a special one or  >  not.? Does anyone have any idea if  >  I can
source a replacement?? I am going  >  to sent Tec tec an e-mail, but with all