Re: [TenTec] Off frequency Omni VI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Off frequency Omni VI
From: Stan Gammons <s_gammons@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 19:01:50 -0500
On 07/31/2017 04:30 AM, Barry N1EU wrote:
the procedure is given at http://tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=563calibrate

Barry N1EU

That's the ones someone sent me the link for. I ended up doing it a little different. I set the BFO frequencies with a frequency counter like the manual says. That was interesting since they seem to interact with one another. When I did that, it really jacked up USB. The signal sounded like it was barely in the passband of the filter. Adjusting the TCXO fixed that. I ended up using WWV to set the TCXO. Assuming my sound card is accurate, it looks like it's about 4 Hertz low on LSB and dead on on USB. Every once in a while the pitch of the tone WWV is transmitting will change for a fraction of a second then it goes back where it was. Not sure the cause of that, but I'm going to leave it where it is for now.

Thanks everyone for your help.

73

Stan
KM4HQE