Re: [TenTec] Omni VI filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI filters
From: Ken Brown <kenradiobrown@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 08:00:53 -1000
>From your description of the buttons you are pushing I think you are
talking about the filters in the 6.3 MHz Band Pass Tuning IF. In that case
there are no adjustments to be made. There are "T pad" attenuators
hardwired on the board, intended to compensate for different losses of the
different filters, but they are fixed and not adjustable.

It is only in the 9 MHz IF where the NAR filter, or in newer Omni VI the N1
and N2 filters go that there are jumpers to select different compensating
attenuator values.

I suggest looking for faults in your filters, the connections to the
filters, or maybe flaky switching diodes.

DE N6KB