Re: [TenTec] Omni VI filters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI filters
From: Stan Gammons <s_gammons@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 18:33:03 -0500
On 08/07/2017 05:02 PM, Barry N1EU wrote:
I don't see how a PIN diode is going to result in abnormally high output.

The 1.8 Kc filter has higher output than the 2.4 Kc or 500 Hz filters. That's why I was wondering if the PIN diodes for the 2.4 Kc and 500 Hz positions might be the problem. Would seem odd if that's the case. I guess it's possible though.

What would be a very interesting experiment is to pull all the 6.3MHz i.f.
filters and simply jumper the in/out filter slot pins together (or bridge
them with a reasonable size ceramic disc capacitor).  What you should see
when moving thru and engaging the filter switches is a ramping up output
from 2.4 to 1.8 to 500 to 250.

Another interesting experiment would be to swap the 2.4KHz filter with the
1.8KHz filter and see if the abnormally high output follows the 1.8KHz
filter or if it stays with the 1.8 filter slot.

Barry N1EU

When I get the Inrad roofing filter installed, I'll see if I can figure out what's going on with the 6.3 Mhz I.F. filters. I figured the roofing filter would have arrived today. No such luck.

73

Stan
KM4HQE