Re: [TenTec] Paragon 585

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>, Rod Greene <w7zrc@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon 585
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 22:37:21 -0400
Rod:

Inspect the battery to make sure it hasn't leaked.  The only other thing that typically goes wrong with Paragons is the PLL Out of Lock condition. This is fixable, but requires a lot of patience.  The VCO coils may require adjustment due to component aging or you may have to reflow the solder on both PLL boards, due to the original poor construction quality. If you get a PLL Out of Lock, observe which bands and if it goes out of lock at 50 kHz intervals. This will help localize the problem.

73,

Bob WB2VUF