Re: [TenTec] Noise blanker recommendations

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noise blanker recommendations
From: Mike Schatzberg <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 11:21:21 -0600
Please note that the algorithm for DSP noise reduction is sensitive to
bandwidth. Often, the best noise reduction with the least distortion will be
achieved at wider bandwidth than you would normally use. Try experimenting with
wider first and second IF filtering to optimize reception.

73,

Mike
W2AJI

Sent from my iPhone