Re: [TenTec] WTB: Hetrodyne oscillator board for the Omni VI

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB: Hetrodyne oscillator board for the Omni VI
From: MadScientist1948 <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 18:31:13 -0500
In what position is that part? I assume it is Q9 feeding the mixer, U1.

Q9 amplifies the sample of the crystal board going back to the login board. The
PLL on the logic board sends a correction voltage back on the same connector D26

No properly working amplifier JFET should be so thermally sensitive as to cause
frequency shift. If this FET is thermally sensitive, it COULD easily prevent
proper level of sample signal from reaching the PLL on the logic board and
cause your frequency shift (or the lack of lock condition) so I think you are
on the right track.

Gary